Friday, June 13, 2008

More frustrations


It’s really amazing to me how anyone can look at the human race and regard it as anything more than being stupid animals... More then likely the least intelligent on the planet.
We had such potential, how did we manage to fuck it up so badly?!
I mean this is absolutely ridiculous! Every time I turn my head I see greedy consumerism at it’s finest, and the sad part is, I feel like I’m a part of it. I don’t know how it’s possible to escape... I’m lost in it and I don’t know how it happened... I feel like I never had a choice in it.

One of the things that seems to be plaguing the human race with ignorance and apathy is religion. I can’t find a single reason (other than a simple ignorant and inadvertently safe stance) to believe in some mysterious white bearded man in the clouds, commanding and demanding useless and absurd morals that obviously conflict with our core nature. I’m also not okay with the fact that most of America believe in these blatant mythological dogmas and base our educational and political systems on them.
I’m a self proclaimed ‘recovering Christian’, I was raised with impossible beliefs and made to believe in impossible stories. Fortunately enough for me I got fed up with the contradictions and nasty rhetoric of said beliefs, and decided to simply question. I found out that disbelief is freedom. That’s not to say I walk around with no morals or ethics, on the contrary, I believe in those things very deeply. The difference is, I don’t have to slink through my days trying to live up to impossible standards believing in fairytales and violent unforgiving forces. Not to mention I’m just not that into being judgmental on people who don’t share my exact beliefs. The whole thing has turned into a hateful man made excuse to judge and torment. I HATE IT!

Enough of that for some mintues. I’ve been making decent headway on the body casting project. There’s a lot of messy sanding involved and very detailed chiseling. I will admit I’m having a lot of fun with it, I can’t wait to start working on the installations.

No comments: